RELIABLE WOOD FLOOR REPAIR CONTRACTORS IN HOOVER, AL
Wood floors are one of the most beautiful elements in any home, but they can also be an eyesore if they become damaged or are not cared for properly. Whether your floors have water damage, cracked or broken strips, are missing pieces, or have become uneven, Hoover Hardwood Flooring Services is your top local hardwood floor repair contractor. We have honed our craft and have many techniques in our tool belt that will restore your floors back to their original beauty.
Often times, people seem to think that if their floors are significantly damaged that their only option is to replace them, which can be costly compared to repair work. Let us come assess the shape of your flooring and educate you on all of your options so you can make a sound decision in regards to your flooring situation. At Hoover Hardwood Flooring Services, we usually can repair the damaged area while preserving the rest of the floor, saving you money. Give us a call and let our trained professionals perform a thorough inspection.
COMMON HARDWOOD FLOORING PROBLEMS
As we keep mentioning, hardwood flooring must be treated with care in order to maintain its beauty. Wood is a very durable material, but it can also be damaged just like everything else without proper attention. One huge problem we see time and time again is that many contractors don't install wood floors correctly. Wood has a tendency to swell and contract with changes in humidity, and if not installed properly with space for it to breathe, many severe problems will occur. Here are some of the most common wood floor problems we repair:
- Crowning/Buckling: Occurs when the wood floors were not given enough space between the planks to account for expansion caused by humidity. The planks become raised because there's no where else for them to go but up. The floor will look uneven and the raised areas will attract more scuffs and scratches.
- Scratches/Scuffs/Dents: The most common issues with wood floors usually occur from everyday wear and tear, especially after the protective finish has worn off. Once we repair any of these small issues, the best way to prevent future scratches and marks is to not wear shoes while inside, keep your pets' nails trimmed, and place pads on all of your furniture legs.
- Fading/Discoloration: The ultraviolet rays from sunlight will cause wood floors to change colors or fade from exposure. It is important to block sunlight from directly shining on the flooring when possible.
- Warping: Wood floors will swell and warp when exposed to water. We recommend using area rugs in areas where water might come into contact with your floors, such as under the kitchen sink and by entryways. Check your appliances for leaks and be sure to dry any liquid on your floors as soon as possible.
- Squeaky floors: Do you find yourself dodging areas in your home because the floor squeaks so badly it disturbs everyone in the house? Some squeaks are louder than others and can't be ignored. They are usually caused by loose boards that just need to be fastened down tighter. We will locate the root of the problem and make your home squeak-free again.